Are Michigan Language Assessment test results suitable for making high-stakes educational and employment decisions?
Yes. Our proficiency and certification tests are high-stakes tests administered in Michigan Language Assessment–authorized test centers under strict security guidelines.
- Michigan Language Assessment exams are created by professional test developers
- Detailed item and test form specifications are adhered to for each test
- Test items undergo a multistage review process, including a fairness/bias review and pretesting
- Each administration of a Michigan Language Assessment proficiency and certification exam (ECCE, ECPE, MELAB, MET, and MYLE) uses a new test form with new test content
- Statistical procedures are used to ensure that scores on all the forms of an exam are comparable, so that a score on an exam represents the same ability level no matter which form of the test was administered
- Published reports provide stakeholders with information on test reliability and validity